Natural Luge Sledding is popular in Europe, but why should they have all of the fun? Natural Luge Sledding provides another recreational option at the Loup for families and outdoor winter enthusiasts.
- Natural Luge Sledding differs significantly from Olympic Luge, which uses artificial banked tracks, while Natural Luge Sledding uses existing non-banked groomed trails.
- Luge Sledding offers family-oriented, steerable sleds with single and double options.
- Luge Sledding is easy to learn, challenging to master and exciting to ride.
- Luge Sledding connects to the natural environment on a groomed trail system all can enjoy.
Book a Luge Reservation
Luge Sledding operates on weekends and holiday weeks throughout the season. The Loup offers instructional clinics on how to Luge Sled safely. Luge Sledding is a physical activity which does involve walking and requires some level of fitness. Like any snow sport there is risk associated with luge sledding.
- Reservations are per person, however you may make reservations for your friends or family. Same day walk-ups may be added if there is room in a Luge experience group.
- When planning your ride, please keep in mind that children 6-9 years old must ride with an adult. Children ages 10 and above may ride solo upon approval of the Luge staff. We highly recommend no children under the age of 6 in participating.
- The price of the reservation is $50 per person. This includes instructional clinic, use of a luge sled, open-air snowcat trip up Bear Mountain (adjacent to Loup Loup Alpine ski resort), and a guided luge sledding run down the prepared trails.
- Each Luge Experience group can take 12 sledders per trip.
- A Liability Release form is included at the time of booking so guests will have visibility of this release form at the time of their booking. Signature of the Release Form will be required at the mountain just prior to the luge reservation.
- Refund Policy. If the ski area cancels your appointment, you’ll receive a full refund. If you cancel, a full refund is only available if cancellation is done 48-hours in advance of your reservation. No refunds can be given otherwise.
- Throughout the Bear Mountain Luge Experience, you will be hosted by two volunteer guides and a snowcat driver.
- If your preferred date appears booked, please check online for other openings. You may also send email us to get on a wait list for a particular reservation date and time slot.
NOTE: Children 6-9 years of age ride with an adult. A Luge ticket is required for all Luge sledders.