Honoring a lineage of over 50 years of service, Loup Loup Volunteer Ski Patrol has worked to keep the slopes safe and enjoyable. We maintain a commitment to operational safety, guest care and the highest standard of outdoor emergency medicine.
What do I need to become a volunteer?
- A commitment to public service, a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Advanced to Expert skiing skills (or intermediate with a strong willingness to advance).
- Ability to volunteer an average of one day per operating week during ski season, (typically a 16 week season).
- Desire and commitment to pass the Outdoor Emergency Care course and ability to take the course.
- No prior medical expertise is required, but those with medical background and skills are highly encouraged to apply.
- OEC exam is available for existing Registered EMTs, Advanced EMTs or Paramedics.
- Must be at least 15 years of age to enroll.
What will I learn?
- Outdoor Emergency Care Skills
- Advanced Ski/Boarding Skills
- Chair Evacuation/Rope Skills
What are the benefits?
- 1st Year — Comp tickets while on duty.
- 2nd Year — Free season’s pass for volunteer, plus half-price pass to immediate family members.
- 3rd Year — Free season’s pass for volunteer and all members of immediate family.
- Eligibility for free and discounted tickets to other areas.
- Pro deals through National Ski Patrol.
Questions? Contact Loup Loup Ski Patrol at email@example.com.